Ak Bulak Skiing Area, enjoy freeriding!
In a nutshell
- About 10 kilometers of slopes, of which four kilometers blue, three kilometers red and three kilometers black.
- Five lifts, including one cabin lift, three chairlifts and 1 drag lift.
- Average temperature: -7°C in winter (November to April). A mild climate, many sunny days and a large amount of snow in winter are also assets of this exceptional skiing area.
- Rather busy in the weekend with families and playing kids.
- 2 days per week there is the possibility to ski between 19:00 and 22:00.
- The ski pass is slightly cheaper than in other skiing areas around Almaty.
Ak Bulak, a longer discription
Ak Bulak is a good starting point for starting skiers. As mentioned in the text above, it gets very busy with day trippers on the weekends. Par example, there is a long, quiet, gradual hill to practice and teach skiing lessons. However, the experienced traveller does not come all the way to Kazakhstan for the beginners slopes!
Freeriding for advanced skiers
Anyone who wants to fully experience the atmosphere of the freeriding is at the Ak Bulak Skiing Area at the right adress. Steep descents, lots of snow, pine forest, narrow passages and wide snowfields. Ak Bulak has it all. And then we haven’t even mentioned the many couloirs and drops – numerous amounts!. If you go on weekdays, it is also wonderfully peacefull and quiet. After the deep snow challenge, you can recharge your batteries with a meal in on of the local restaurants or even get an overnight stay at the hotel next to the slopes. The Ak Bulak Skiing Area was built in 2006, but has quickly grown into one of the region’s most popular destinations for tourism. It is about 60 kilometers from the metropolis of Almaty, which is about an 1 hour drive.
A good impression of the ski area: